2021-2022 BRISD Pre-K and Kindergarten Roundup
Blue Ridge Elementary School will be holding Pre-K and Kindergarten Round-Up for the 2021-2022 school year on April 27, 28, and 29th at the current elementary campus. Pre-K students will now attend a full-day Pre-K class from 7:50-3:10.
Required Enrollment Documentation for Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten:
1. Child’s Birth Certificate
2. Child’s Social Security Card
3. Child’s Immunization Records
4. Registering Person’s Driver’s License
5. Applicable legal documentation, custody paperwork, etc.
6. Proof of residence:
-A recent paid rent receipt
-Current Voter Registration Card
-Most recent property tax receipt indicating home ownership
-Contract of sale or lease agreement
-Gas bill indicating the address and the adult’s name
-Water bill indicating the address and the adult’s name
-Electric bill indicating the address and the adult’s name
Students who wish to enroll in Pre-K must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Be unable to speak and comprehend the English Language
-Required Documentation: Home Language Survey
2. Be educationally disadvantaged, which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program
-Required documentation: Income verification through either current month paycheck stub, notarized letter from employer stating wage and how often paid, or Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits letter.
3. Be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C) Section 1143a
-Required Documentation: Please contact Elementary Office
4. Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority. This includes uniformed service members who are Missing in Action (MIA) or injured or killed while serving on active duty.
-Required Documentation: Department of Defense Identification
6. Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code. This includes children returned to home and adoptions.
-Required Documentation: Letter documenting conservatorship by the DFPS (Form 2085C is required)
7. Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace office (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).
-Required Documentation: Star of Texas Award Certification