State and federal laws require certain information to be disseminated to school district employees at the beginning of the school year or upon hire.
For all employees
- Employee Handbook
- Discrimination, harassment, and retaliation:
- See BRISD Board Policy Online DH and FO—Policies and exhibits addressing standards of conduct for employees and students
- See BRISD Board Policy Online DIA, FB, and FFH—Policies regarding discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, including the relevant exhibits containing contact information for reporting such behavior, for employees and students.
- See BRISD Board Policy OnlineFFI (LOCAL), addresses student bullying and establishes procedures for reporting, investigating, and dealing with bullying of district students.
- See BRISD Board Policy Online FFH(LOCAL) and (EXHIBIT)
- Child abuse and neglect:
- See BRISD Board Policy OnlineBQ (LEGAL), referring to the district plan for addressing sexual abuse and other maltreatment of children;
- See BRISD Board Policy OnlineDH (LOCAL) and (EXHIBIT), addressing employee standards of conduct;
- See BRISD Board Policy OnlineFFG (LEGAL), (LOCAL), and (EXHIBIT), addressing child abuse and neglect; and
- See BRISD Board Policy OnlineGRA( LEGAL) and (LOCAL), addressing child abuse investigations.
- Crisis intervention:
- See BRISD Board Policy OnlineFFB (LOCAL)
- Drug-free workplace:
For Teachers and Administrators: Documents pertaining to student discipline
- Student Discipline - Chapter 37, sections 37.001 through 37.022
- Chapter 37 Consequences Chart
- See BRISD Board Policy OnlineFN (LOCAL)
- See BRISD Board Policy OnlineFO (LOCAL)
- District Student Code of Conduct and the Student Handbook
For Term Contract Employees
- Copy of the teacher's contract should be provided upon signature of contract for employment.