2019-2020 STUDENT ENROLLMENT
Where to begin!
Students new to BRISD and returning students:
Complete Steps 1, 2 and 3
Step 1: Access Parent Portal to complete online registration
*This must be completed every year.
** Once the student has been enrolled in our district and the student has been added to your portal account, parents/guardians can update information such as contact information, phone numbers, and address throughout the year.
Step 2: Gather Required Documents
Blue Ridge Schools requires that a parent or guardian provide the following documents to complete the enrollment process. These documents will be brought to campus when completing the enrollment process (detailed in Step 3.)
**Proof of residency - required for ALL students each year (beginning 17-18 school year):
One from this list:
* A recent paid rent receipt * HUD/Settlement Statement * Current voter registration card * Most recent tax receipt indicating home ownership * Contract of sale or lease contract * Current lease agreement * Gas bill indicating the address and the adult's name * Water bill indicating the address and the adult's name * Electric bill indicating the address and the adult's name
**Proof of Immunization/updates to shot records:
NEW STUDENTS ONLY:
* A certified copy of student birth certificate
* Student Social Security card - if official social security card is not provided, a state school ID will be issued.
* Last report card / Unofficial Transcript (For HS students new to the district)
* Driver’s License of Enrolling Parent
Step 3: Finalize the Enrollment Process
* ALL Students and Parents/guardians must finalize the enrollment process in person during student registration. The dates and times for Student Registration are listed below.
2019-2020 Student Registration
Blue Ridge Elementary School: July 31st & August 1st 10:30-6:30
Blue Ridge Middle School: July 31st & August 1st 10:30-6:30
Blue Ridge High School: August 5th (Junior/Senior) 10:30-6:30 & August 6th (Freshman/Sophomore) 10:30-6:30
* Outstanding cafeteria balances from the previous school year will need to be paid during the enrollment process.
* Certain family scenarios will warrant additional forms to be filled out:
- Student residing with another family in Blue Ridge
- Family residing with another family in Blue Ridge
- Pending home purchase within BR boundaries
To download these forms to complete and bring to enrollment, click HERE.
For more enrollment information, contact the specific campus or Central Office at 972.752.5554